10 Feb Banana & Cinnamon Pancakes
These fluffy, healthy pancakes can be eaten at any time of the year! Serve them for breakfast, or as a pick me up snack, they are delicious eaten hot or cold. There’s no need to add sugar as the banana gives them a natural sweetness. They taste great as they are, and amazing spread with a small amount of natural crunchy peanut butter or a dollop of natural Greek yoghurt – feel free to create your own imaginative toppings.
Ingredients – Makes 3 Pancakes:
- 1 small mashed organic banana.
- 1 large free range egg.
- 1 tbsp organic wholegrain spelt flour.
- 2 tbsp organic oats.
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- A sprinkle of Pink Himalayan Salt.
- Coconut oil for frying.
Nutritional Values Per Pancake:
- Calories: 93
- Carbs: 15g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Fibre: 2
- Fat: 2g
- Sat Fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4g
- Using a fork, whisk the egg together with the mashed banana in a bowl.
- Add the flour, oats, cinnamon and a sprinkle of Pink Himalayan salt.
- Mix together until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat, add a little oil if needed and tip to coat the pan evenly.
- Using 2 tbsp of batter per pancake, dollop into the pan and spread to form 3 small circles.
- Cook until the mixture bubbles and the pancake is golden underneath.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side.
Max Up Your Pancakes With The Following Toppings:
Cinnamon and a squeeze of lemon, a dollop of peanut butter, Greek yoghurt and berries, cottage cheese and apple.