Sardines on toast are great for a tasty wholesome lunch that’s packed with omega 3. This recipe is a quick and easy to way to get more fish into your diet.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 300g fresh sardine fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 slices of toasted rye or wholemeal bread
- 2 handfuls of salad leaves
- 1 tomato
Nutritional Values Per Serving
Calories 355 Protein 30.7g Carbs 14.6g Fibre 3.6g Sugar 3.1g Fat 17.8g Sat Fat 4.2g
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the garlic and chilli, stir fry for around a minute, then add the lemon juice.
- Add the sardine fillets and fry gently for a couple of minute on each side.
- Sprinkle with the herbs and season to taste.
- Serve on the toasted rye or wholemeal bread with a side salad.
TIP: Fry a few extra fillets and pop in the fridge for tomorrow’s lunch.